Megasquirt?

Any issues with reliability of the hardware? A friend who is a huge MS fan recommended against it in the race car for this reason.
a

The only issue I have had with the MS since it was installed was about 2 years ago at Pacific, and about 3/4 of the way through the race the car started mis-firing, then would randomly shut off intermittently (like the key was turned off for a split second)

At this time I had the MS bolted to the floor board with hard Delrin style isolators, since then I have switched and mounted with tall, soft rubber isolators and no issue. Turned out to be the chip was the problem, replaced and have not had the issue again.

Any issues with reliability of the hardware? A friend who is a huge MS fan recommended against it in the race car for this reason.

I'll put it this way, we have run MS in our rally car for the past 4ish years and have done over 10 events. It's no slouch either, we set the 2wd gr2 record on the brooklyn tavern stage at Doo Wops in one of the first outtings after switching to MS in the rabbit. Nationally the car won gr2 at Michigan the very first event after the switch. Not one time did we have an MS hardware related failure. If the ecu is built by someone who understands motor sports, and you address certain things on the installation part, you will have no issues. Our ecu builder worked with us to build a board that would not suffer any ill effects from vibration, which was the biggest concern and we made sure to mount the ecu where it would not get over heated or wet (remember it is a rally car...haha).

The issue brad speaks of was a total freak event, and even to this day I have never seen another car have that issue. The ecu he was using was also pretty old haha. MS is not immune to hardware failures, but neither are units that cost 3x the price. It is as reliable as any other system out there for track or daily use, and I personally have the miles to prove it!

on the Eta low revving 2.7 motor or the I motor 2.5 and high revving because they are pretty different when in come to injection components

Not sure what you mean here, are you saying there is different injection components from motor to motor? If so that is a non-issue since the ecu's are configurable to work with any EFI component available.Its a simple settings adjustment at the most :)

Back