Workers Revenge

kyle_nickels

"The Okie"
For those who are not familiar with the Workers Revenge ChumpCar allow me to enlighten you. A beat-up CRX was donated last year to a team of our beloved volunteer workers/marshalls/givers so that they could inexpensively have fun at the ChumpCar event held at PIR on Halloween. They are at it again this year. Most everything has been covered but they are in need of loaner helmets and drivers gear.

If you would like to support those who support you please contact either myself or Kimberly Kuzma-McFarland.

Thank you for your support.

I have a Nomex suit I'd donate. Medium size, would fit someone 5'-6" to 5'-11', around 130-160 lbs. I'm 6'-0" and 175, and its a bit too short in the legs & torso, and also too snug, for me...

What year is your CRX? Is it an Si with the D16 motor?

I have a set of 4x100 14x6 wheels (+40 offset, IIRC) from a Miata that will fit a second gen CRX (and maybe a first gen). They currently have older Toyo RA1s on them. If the rules allow, you are more than welcome to use them for this race.

I'll be down there racing you guys in an MGB. :D

Last edited:
Hi Dave.... How would I get the suit from you? The race is this weekend at Portland Int'l Raceway. I live in Vancouver, WA :-/

Thanks for posting the info on the loan!!! ~Kim Kuzma McFarland

Last edited:
Hi Mike, the wheels will work fine as the diameter doesn't matter in the rules. BTW, it is a 91. The tires won't though cause of the tread wear and traction ratings.

Thanks for the thought though!

kyle

Kyle, if you need an extra set of wheels, just let me know. Need any other parts? My CRX Si is a second gen like your car.

Thanks. I think it is in pretty good shape now. If memory holds they should have at least 2 sets of wheels and tires (13". The car was recently prepped. It is drivers gear they need. My stuff is being embroidered/painted so I can't loan any of it.

I have a loaner suit, 3 layer nomex.

Let me know if the need for the suit still exists. However, the trick will be getting it from my house in Seattle to Portland as I will not be able to accommodate that trip.

Hi Dave.... How would I get the suit from you? The race is this weekend at Portland Int'l Raceway. I live in Vancouver, WA :-/

Thanks for posting the info on the loan!!! ~Kim Kuzma McFarland

Is there a worker or participant that will be traveling through Seattle to the race that would be willing to transporting a suit? Please contact me at 425-870-5830 so we can coordinate getting it to you.

Factory Miata wheels probably won't work unless you grind out the centers; the centerbore is too small. Aftermarket wheels would work fine since they have the larger bores for Hondas and every other 4-100 car.

Factory Miata wheels probably won't work unless you grind out the centers; the centerbore is too small. Aftermarket wheels would work fine since they have the larger bores for Hondas and every other 4-100 car.

Nothing that 5-minutes with a dremel won't cure. Or a thin wheel spacer.

What are the helmet rules?

R

Is there a worker or participant that will be traveling through Seattle to the race that would be willing to transporting a suit? Please contact me at 425-870-5830 so we can coordinate getting it to you.

Hi Dave~ I'll call you today. I have no one coming down from Seattle, but I'll post something on FB to see if any drivers are coming down from there. Crossing my fingers!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I have a suit I can loan. It's an old 2 layer nomex. I replaced it this year with a newer suit. It fits
me @ 5'10" and 195 lbs. Even better. I am here in hillsboro, and so it might be easier for you to
get access to. I could probably drop it with Gary or Kathy Frasier who are out here in Hillsboro pretty
close by.

call 503 712-8436 or 503 522-2016 if you are interested.

Last edited:
I have a suit I can loan. It's an old 2 layer nomex. I replaced it this year with a newer suit. It fits
me @ 5'10" and 195 lbs. Even better. I am here in hillsboro, and so it might be easier for you to
get access to. I could probably drop it with Gary or Kathy Frasier who are out here in Hillsboro pretty
close by.

call 503 712-8436 or 503 522-2016 if you are interested.

Hi... Sorry to not respond sooner. I had numerous ChumpCar related duties to tend to - which took my entire day :-/

I'll call you tomorrow. The idea of getting it to Gary & Cathy is perfect. Thank You!!

The Miata wheels that I have came off my CRX. So I guess they were bored out by the previous owner.

The Miata wheels that I have came off my CRX. So I guess they were bored out by the previous owner.

If memory serves, I don't think they were bored out, I think they fit as they were. Edit: Turns out memory didn't serve, a quarter inch spacer was used.

Last edited:
Back