Weeeeeeeeee're Baaaack!

is the old car salvageable from the contact at the 25? it looked pretty beat up. 4 of our 5 drivers were hit by others.

Richard - It is a pleasure to have your Prototype Development Group back to race with us again in this year's IRDC 4-Hour Enduro at Pacific Raceways on April 10th.

ATTENTION ALL ENDURO RACERS - Watch for the IRDC 4-Hour Enduro Announcement posted on our Conference website within the next week. First entry after posting of announcement gets pole and early entries will be starting up front.

Eric,
"the rest of the story"
This car has a life of its own and maybe in the near future, we will engage in a reality show. this car has a following from California to Australia to Norway! It is a Real wave that we have been riding now for 5 years! After the wreck, I was approached by another kit car company to have their car and prepare it for the 2011 25 hour, Factory Five stepped up and shipped me a new body. Koni contacted us for a new shock program. A company in Maryland wants to wrap our car and trailer. Toyo tires are interested in helping us. Mendeola is complaining that they are getting to many gearbox orders from Europe. People sent me money to fix the car from the internet. Hawk Performance once again renewed their contract with us. At the 25, people came from Fla., Mich, Penn, West Virginia to help us. Parts are great but it is always the hidden travel expenses that get overlooked to transport the equipment to go racing. that we have very little of....That is why you guys are always a breath of fresh air to help us come up and go racing with all of you! Thanks.
SO, the answer to your question: is yes, the car is repairable. The only thing that kept us from continuing the 25 was the fact that Steve drove the car about a half mile with no oil in the motor ( wreck tore the oil cooler off). the chassis repair would have taken about 30 minutes and wing replacement was nothing. It only damaged the body and wing for the most part. WE ere afraid of killing the motor, so we parked it and looked at it at home. As a precautionary move, we replaced the rod bearings (20.00). We just weren't gutsy enough this year to take that chance.

RM

Richard
Is Karen going to make the trek north, too?
I'm a fan of the GTM but I'm really a fan of the Type 65 Coupe!

I'm glad to see that Factor Five stepped up and supplied you with what you needed. Looking forward to seeing you all in April

Back