TC at ORP Welcomes all...

Peter Belfanti

ICSCC Racers and Turn workers

Hope you all are enjoying your week after the great racing at Pacific!

Sights now turn to ORP for ICSCC Race #3 and #4 of the ICSCC program. You can register by Clicking HERE

I just wanted to highlight some exciting things about this years event.

- Friday test and tune for $190 That's 5 25min sessions for that price!!

- Friday School for that racer that wants to earn a ICSCC license $205 with an instructor.

- two ICSCC races in one weekend!! get your points at ORP!

- Pre-registered workers, get housing, meals, beverages, and small reward for working! Including free entry into a raffle for a chance to win 1 of 5 Nike employee store passes. We still need 9 workers as of today.

- FOOD!!!! TC cooks have teamed up with an awesome menu, and for $30 for Sat breakfast through Sunday lunch in on meal package! WOW!!!

- The pro's and joes featuring Pro3 and Pro 944, is our special race on Saturday night, bring a Pro or not.. all are welcome to enter in the unlimited world touring class. Only $150 for two drivers or be the Iron man and drive it all with one driver for $125.

- FIRST EVER NIGHT RACE AT ORP! Rat race will pick up the evening of Sunday night for 2 4hr endurance events at ORP. one Sunday night, and one Monday morning. $600 for 8hrs of track time two drivers minimum.

- If you are a turn worker with access to a race car. If you work the TC event you get free driver entry to the Rat race Sunday and Monday

Contact Gordon jones (see his other post) regarding getting your large hauler spaced in the paddock.

You are going to be hard pressed to find a track with the challenges of ORP, we hope you take the chance to join us this year! TC thanks you and the clubs for their support this year! Let's go racing.

on a side note:

We have listened to all your input on ORP. While the club itself can't make overnight changes to the difficulties of racing at ORP, we have the foresight to answer some of the issues. The meal band program is the first step that was attainable this year. I can never promise we will have 200 50ft stalls with 50amps, water and sewer hookups. But we can take small bites each year and keep looking to the future each time. The meal band program was the first actionable step in that direction. Everyone's support and positive outlook is needed to get there. If nothing else your entry in the race is appreciated support to our bigger goals!

Can't wait to see you all at ORP..

RACE LIKE HELL!

Pete Belfanti
TC race chairman ORP 2013

A and T tire will be there in support.. fuel is for sale by ORP at their pumps. You will need to confirm directly with ORP on type and hours for the pumps.

Here's the answer I received from Brenda at ORP in reference to fuel. I didn't ask about the hours.

Jim

We do have fuel here at the track. It is 92 clear non ethanol at $5.50 per gallon.

Thank you, Brenda

Mark,

Due to overwhelming T and T entry and in the interest in providing the best quality track time we can provide, while keeping segregated skill levels.. We had to wait list the T and T.

Please contact drivingmaster@teamcontinental.com to discuss getting into the limited passing group under HPDE. This is our intention rather than disappointing people the day of the event with limited passing session when they were expecting an open track.

We hope you consider the HDPE as your track day alternative at this time.

Thank you for understanding

Peter Belfanti

......We do have fuel here at the track. It is 92 clear non ethanol at $5.50 per gallon. Thank you, Brenda

That's nice but if they want to be 'all serving' they need to get some 110 LOW LEAD for the formula people. FF's and FC's need low lead. Old style engines you know.

I've no doubt, Rich. But if there was enough interest shown to justify a quantity of another form of fuel delivered about 50 miles from the Dalles, ORP Mgmt. would certainly consider it. It's all about the market isn't it? The ORP website has got a forum link. Give 'em a poke.

Hello all,
Really looking forward to this race weekend. I will be the the announcer for the weekend along with Mr. Bill Muarry. Im looking forward to making this the most exciting weekend of racing. Remember to have all your sponsers on your sheet and Ill do my best to mention as many as possible. Hope to see you all at the track. This is gunna be awesome.

Tomorrow is only a day away.

We had some more NCW show up. Making 153 entries for Saturday and 121 for Sunday.

Looking forward.

Jim, sorry I couldn't field your question as I was already at the track setting up the paddock. ORP has a very tight padock space that is paved. We put as many cars on the paddock as possible. We also put cars along the access road to the track but those spaces are in the gravel. This year I brought 4 sheets of plywood and made a platform to put my car on. It worked great. Something I can recommend for others. G

Back