Rose City Opener -

Bill Bonsell

141 entries as of Monday evening with a whopping 18 entries in NCW...really excited for my son who gets his first taste of wheel to wheel racing. Weather is looking pretty decent with mid 60's for Sunday, so let's keep our fingers crossed. Heading out around noon on Friday.

To those going, have a great safe weekend. Still not too late to register. Get your racing in early before we see $6.00 gas. Now exactly how much should it cost to tow to Spokane this year? :biggrin:

Bill

AND.... one of the entry's is an F1000 !!! Man, all we need is 10 more of them and we'll have a mini F1 :)

So sweet sounding and so bloody fast.

We need Kyle Oberndorf and Belling back but they are off running the semi Pro F1000 events.

Wow...entries now up to 153 as of Tuesday eve with a whopping 23 in Novice Closed Wheel. That is a huge novice group IMO. Take care my son!!
Group 2 now sitting at 34...weather still holding? Now without the chicane, what are the best passing zones. I don't think it is T-10.

It looks like we have a chance to pass last years total of 169 entries on opening day. Bill- there are plenty of places to pass throughout the track and I will see you there Friday evening.

I just noticed that Drivers from groups 4 and 5 have to prepare dinner on Saturday night?.... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Make the Novices do it! :p

Aw, shucks! I'm still in SoCal for work. I wish I could be there for the race. You folks have a good time!

How about some Facebook updates for those of us that can't be there? :D

I just noticed that Drivers from groups 4 and 5 have to prepare dinner on Saturday night?.... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Make the Novices do it! :p

Event Planning: you're doing it wrong!

The novices are the last group on track on Saturday, that would make for a late dinner :p

Bill

The cost of racing in Spokane maybe a lot less than you think. Northwest Motorsports is well aware of the potential cost of getting here this year so we have done a few things to cure the problem. First as was announced in our initial flyer we have a program for TOW MONEY. Once we meet our race costs plus annual operating costs the plan is to send the money back to the racers. So the more racers that come the more tow money there will be to rebate back. Second we have held the line on entry fees. This means that you will get 3 RACES FOR THE PRICE OF 2. Third, nobody will beat our Novice entry fees.....nobody. And finally......well that would be telling, and "nobody likes a tattle tale Cindy" (common quote from the Brady Bunch for those to young to get it).

Greg

I hear you loud and clear Greg!

Even at $6/gal, Spokane is cheaper because I only have to tow there once to do 3 races... Towing from Bothell WA to Portland 3 times + lodging to do 3 races makes Portland a whole lot less affordable.

Wishing I could attend also but I will be working all weekend. Best of luck to my friends in their racing this weekend and also to our huge grid of novices. Welcome to the conference family!

I am sorry to have to miss this. I'll be at the other race track in Oregon helping some friends with karts. Best of luck to everybody. Have fun be safe.

DANG!! PIR needs to 'fix' the postition of Live Cams. One shot the cars just 'flash' through and the other, they are specks going off to Turn 4 (with chicane) can't identify anybody. Maybe if they turned on all 7 channels and let us select the one to watch full screen?

Those cameras are a set looking at the Chicane. Looks like the first one is just about the Drag Return road on DLeft. Cascade isn't using the chicane this weekend, so all you see is the cars zooming by on the straight. The other is looking at the exit of chicane and the T4 flag station.

The club has no control over which cameras are up on the PIR site, but Fast Specialties does and the CSCC Race Chairman just happens to be a muck-ity with them, so shoot a query his direction.

Back