Record lap times. Where to find?

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
I'm curious where one would go to find out what the track record is at a given track for a given class, for example: ITA at Pacific Raceways?

Please and thank you in advance.

I think the web master is working on this for ICSCC. At least I saw it mentioned in the past.

For now, about the only point of reference that I know of is the SCCA records. Typically they are set during National racing and are a good point of comparison as these guys are sorta racing for "blood"!

SCCA "ITA" lap record is 1:42.820 set by Richard Cabe (Mazda Miata) in 2005 and was actually in a regional race.

SCCA "SM" lap record is 1:40.365 held by Ken Sutherland during a National race in 2007.

The ULTIMATE lap record at Pacific in its current form belongs to Mark Jaremko in a Stohr D/SR at 1:16.477 in 2008 National race.

Next closest is Rennie Clayton in a Formula Atlantic at 1:18.342 in 2003 National Race.

If you're interested in other class records at Pacific, look here:

http://www.nwr-scca.org/Race/trackrecords.htm

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Colin ran a 1:40.760 in the group 2 race.

That also shows the Pro7 lap record as 147.092 in 2002.
According to Mylaps, Duane Martinsen ran a 1:45.373 in the Group 2 race.

Is the new T2 surface that much better, or is the SCCA site out of date/inaccurate?
Are we entering a new era for PR?

Well you should be Steve!

I think the new asphalt did make a difference from the grip levels everyone was talking about. More speed through T2 and more speed down the hill was the consensus from the drivers I spoke with. I only did my 2 laps on Friday but I thought the grip was awesome.

Rich, you are calling the Jaremko lap the 'ultimate' on this configuration only right?

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Colin ran a 1:40.760 in the group 2 race.

Is the new T2 surface that much better, or is the SCCA site out of date/inaccurate?
Are we entering a new era for PR?

It was in group 5 and Yes, turn 2 is THAT much faster. I would say a whole second. Everything's quicker, entry, apex exit and the speed carried into 3a. Lots of time in that corner and honestly, there's so much grip I couldn't find a slow way through there except for when I drove off the end of it.

Is it possible that I might hold the track record now for ITA at Pacific Raceways? If that's so... Don't tell Rick. :p

Last edited:
Well Rich, you are calling the Jaremko lap the 'ultimate' on this configuration only right?

Yes, Wes.

In the CURRENT configuration and with the OLD T-2 paving. He'd probably take 1 or 1.75 seconds off the lap record now. If you observe him at the T-5 to T-6 stations, the car is almost a BLUR going through there he's so quick. That is where he made the time in the past. With improved T-2 who knows.

Dave Olsen holds the PRO7 lap record with a 1:43:?? can't remember the last two. He did that back in
'03 I think.

My GPS based data shows a gain of three tenths from stations T1 to T2b with the new surface. I believe the principle majority of that is in the ability to brake a little deeper. That's my experience, as always, YRMV...

as far as i can tell going back to 2003 with ICSCC the race lap record for ITA was 1.41.999 by Reg Milne he did that in 2003 since then no one has run a 1.41.xxx in the race this last weekend the top 3 in ITA all beat that with 2 of them getting a 1.40.760 and 1.40.833 the other car got a 1.41.109 AND they did it either the last lap or the next to last lap.

Last edited:
41.1 was the old record on the old turn 2. Colin has the record (for now). Reg's lap has been old news for eons. "That Damn Jeff Clark" just hasn't updated the Pacific track records because he hates Hondas more than Pierce County.

R

ok so you were unable to get under the old record but Colin and Tucker were thats still really fast since my PB at this time is only a 44 enduro shifting lol

My PB is 40.9. I qualified at 41.0. For refernece Bonforte did 4 40.8's in qualifying in front of my 40.9's. If Tucker can do it, so can you. Just think if we had a river a the norther border, Curt come down and race with us.

R

Dave Olsen holds the PRO7 lap record with a 1:43:?? can't remember the last two. He did that back in
'03 I think.
I think it was about 1:43.8xx in Qualifying & I have the race record at a 1:43.606

Rick,
I have a new career move for you.:p

Well, it looks like I will have to get rid of my piece of junk BMW and find my old Miata to defend my ITA honor. Who has the 65 car now, Jeff?

You know, Eric, when the BMW 325e was allowed into ITA a few years ago, I thought that it would make an interesting car to run in that class. Until it can run a bit lighter, though, it will have a tough time against the mighty forces of the Delamare. I watch you continue to improve. Keep it up!

Back