Pro3 and/or SM at SCCBC's CCGP?

After two successful years, SCCBC is looking to build on the success of the Children's Charity Grand Prix weekend for 2010. The weekend has been mid-September at River's Edge in Mission, and has featured a 45 min race for the fastest cars in the area running for a total $10,000 purse. As a support race, the club has run a Honda Challenge race as a sprint race, with a standing start and close racing throughout. It's been a fan favourite, and the organizers have come up with some prizes, although nothing like a $10k purse. To add some excitment, Chris Doodson who has been the driving force behind the support race, is wondering if there'd be interest from Pro3 and/or Spec Miata drivers to join this group - although the race group would need a new name.

If this sounds interesting and you think you'd want to compete, please email me at: martin AT wanes DOT... com and I'll forward your responses to Chris.

Looking forward to the coming season. My new car is in the paint shop, and Santas little brown trucks keep dropping off the pieces to put it all back together, although I'm still confused by the lack of drive axles at the front wheels. Hopefully the German engineers knew what they were doing.

Cheers,

Martin

Back