Portlandia Chicane Challenge: Calling all H4/ITA/ITX cars.

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
Portland International Raceway, the track that begs the question: Can you turn right?

There were several H4 and ITA/ITX cars at ORP and it would be super to see you at PIR.

I have 2 extra cameras and mounts if you want to take video. If anyone is looking to improve I will bring my AIM Solo and we can put it in your car for G2 or G5 practice/qual and go over the data. Are you giving up time under braking, corner entry or corner exit? Maybe all three? Let's find out together.

I'm double entered in G2 and G5. I hope to see you all out there!

Ok, I gotta say... Not 1 reply to this thread but yet we end up with 42 cars in Group 2 with 7 Hondas, then 10 cars in ME3 with 38 cars in the Enduro and finally 4 cars in ITA plus Eric Howells Civic in FIP.

If that's how y'all want to reply to my "call to action", I can live with that. ;)

38959481.jpg

H4 apathy - probably not apathy but a little lack of self confidence.
After all, how can you compete with a class that fields 1/2 the cars in
the group, or one with a cool colorful logo??? Your success with a
Honda is lighting a small fire under the H4's, raising eye brows and
showing other H4 drivers it can be done.

Sounds like you would like to get some kind of a group together to
promote the H4's. To do that we need to:

Communicate.
Decide what our objective is.
Promote the things we do well.
Work on the things we don't.
Believe in ourselves.
Seek divine intervention.
Hold up those who are successful.
Lift up those who are not.
Respect those we know.
Welcome those we don't.
-and-
Never, Never, Never, give up. (don't switch to a Miata)

Purdy Simple!!! Also very difficult. I'm in!!!

Bob393

And bring spare brake rotors and pads. Yeah, you'll need those, lol. ;)

P.S., An EF Civic or CRX with a healthy D16 motor should have no problem out-pulling a strong SM on a long straight. The SMs have better suspension and brakes and will get you in the corners. So, there's your strategy in dealing with SMs.

Last edited:
The Enduro on Saturday was great fun and I'm learning a lot by sharing my car with Colin. Nothing like comparing video/data with a better driver in the same car, same track, same weather, to show you how much faster you can be.... No need to mod the car, just the driver to pickup at least 2-3 seconds a lap. Modding the driver is a lot cheaper! Thanks Colin!

The Group 2 race on Sunday was interesting, and I'm glad to say I avoided damage. I saw a lot of cars get taken out of the race right in front of me by spinning competitors in the rain slick conditions.....:(

And I'm all in for Spokane...Enduro/Race/Hound&Hare, it's all good.:biggrin:

Back