PIR Group 2 Race Videos - 15 AUG 2010

Hey Mike...

Enjoyed your video...at least the first 3rd. Nice to have that extra HP isn't it??
Just a question...why posting youtube vs say Vimeo, where you can post the entire race without breaking it? I've never posted on youtube, so if there is an advantage, please enlighten me....

Hope to see you at Pacific late September. Will be at Bremerton with SCCA this coming weekend and SCCA Portland 2nd week of September.

Take care....

Mike-
I like the wide angle but it makes the rear end of my car look fat. Does it look fat to you? Your car is jumping off the corners with good grunt down the straights. If you can just hold a little more speed into the corners you are going to have some good lap times. One small thing I noticed around the six minute mark was a train happened to sneek out onto the track. It had a red locomotive, three middle cars and a red caboose. You gave it a two handed wave as it went by. Okay enough with the smart a$$ remarks. It looks like you are starting to get used to front wheel drive and I look forward to part 2 & 3.

Michael,

It's been nice doing business with you. All is well so you can relax. We're called off the big boys.

Oh yeah. One more thing. That's-a nice-a video.

Good times Mike! FYI, if you get an account at Vimeo you can upload video without being limited to the "10 minute" rule at Youtube.

I'm glad your car made it through the whole race. Great job on keeping the water in the radiator! To finish first you must first finish!

Thanks, guys. There's more coming. Post your vids, too!

Yes, I should probably get a Vimeo account. One of these days....

Duane: Thanks for the observations. I need to learn to not brake so much. I'm killing too much momentum going into turns. I guess I still don't have enough confidence that the car's not going to snap spin me off into the weeds. I also need to start left foot braking. I really do like the engine, though. It pulls well.

Regarding the "train", I let Dan H. (red Sentra) go by since he was one of the faster cars in the field, and then Noriko, Joe, Frank, and Scott all quickly followed before I could close the door. Oh well....

Here is my video of the race. The race for me was about getting a good start and managing the gap to the cars behind me. Unfortunately not a lot of dicing, but I will take the class win. Judging by my hand movements the little Opel was hooked up!

http://vimeo.com/14226039

Here is my video of the race. The race for me was about getting a good start and managing the gap to the cars behind me. Unfortunately not a lot of dicing, but I will take the class win. Judging by my hand movements the little Opel was hooked up!

http://vimeo.com/14226039

You were clearly faster than me Peter. Don't give it up so easily next time! :) Especially since my car only runs for 5 laps! :(

You were clearly faster than me Peter. Don't give it up so easily next time! :) Especially since my car only runs for 5 laps! :(

There is no "give up" in my vocabulary. Your car had me on the straights big time until it went soft. I saw the water on my windshield soon after you passed me and then it seemed your power was down. It was only a matter of time...

Back