Pictures from the Sovren Spring Sprints

I was there Saturday and Sunday. Seemed to me ALL Groups (except one) were well below the normal turnout especially considering there was no "Defrost" race last month. The one 'except group' you say? Well shock of shocks.. The OPEN WHEELERS were out in force with just a couple of noticable exceptions.

Jackson Dean did run Brian Redmonds old Formula 2 car (the white one they had in the paddock last year).. Looks 'sweet' and won it's races. There a 'real' genuine new FC car (pre 1972 of course) that ran really, really well. He chased close to the FA's and FB's all weekend with only Redmonds old car walking away from all of them.

The group with Camero's, Mustang's, and Porsche's seemed way, way down. Athough I must admit many of the Porsche's seemed to have moved over to the Racecraft Touring Cup Group for the weekend.

Last edited:
A big rules change this year Richard, we now allow Exhibition cars to '89 (if they meet certain requirements, like no carbon fiber tubs). The mid-80s FC was very legal.

I didn't do too bad with the RT4. Finished 2nd except when the suspension let go in T5 at the last race. Probably a prep error on my part.

YES! I took special note of the RT4 running right up front too :) :) Did not realize it was you, Tim. Nice weekend. I also 'thought' the FC car looked like an earlier Reynard (kind of camoflaged with the multi-color paint job) but, I DID NOT know SOVREN changed the year range. So it had me wondering both days what was going on. Never had a chance to really search the paddock area.

But, I cannot quite figure out what makes an early FC an extraordinay Exhibition car???

Back