ORP Blues

What a great track! For those who didn't go to either race at ORP this year, you're missing out. With a track roughly the same length as SIR but twice the turns, really makes it a drivers' circuit. No long drag racing straights here, just lots of very cool turns and elevation changes. The 1/2 pipe is a blast...

Had a very tight race with #13 Porsche 996 (our race lap times we were only a couple thousandths of a second different). Car suddenly died with only a few laps to go while leading the race. Thought I ran out of gas although that didn't seem right since it didn't bobble, but the fuel gauge read "0". Turned out to be a circuit breaker on the primary fuel pump. Robbed us of what would have been a very close finish, I'm sure... Better to be lucky than good, I guess.....

Bud Reichard

Thats to bad. I was having a great time calling the race between you two. Being a mazda guy, i was hoping you could hold him off (Dont tell him). Great race until then. Hope you make it to the october race.

That was a great race to watch. First Mr Blaylock starts from the back of the field, works his way to front in a couple of laps, and led a good part of the race when he broke the diff. Then watching you and Micheal Schulman going around as if you were attached, untill you broke. I started to think this might be the race no one wants to lead. Glad to hear it was not a serious problem, its been a while since we have seen you run so good, Bud.

The skies were blue, too. Sometimes... in parts.

Randy B. did a three-wheelie 'round T10 (at least once, that I saw), and one TA slideways... very fast. A lot of very fast last weekend with a lot of blues in the mixed groups, but no substantial collateral damage overall, I think.

Lost the back-up timing light to Ma Nature, which was a surprise because there was a pool going on which Grp/Class was going to swack it anyways. Also lots of Xsponder fa-la-la. I wonder if there is a connection....?

Did somebody say 65 deg, and clear in Oct?

orp is a very fun track ive had lots of fun at both events for me i still drive my car to the track . i missed the ITX race last time because i did not feel my front wheel bearing would last the trip home, replaced both front wheel bearings and completed a new alignment . this time first session out i hear something from the rear of my car and found it the rear subframe bushing was torn. took a close look to see if it was safe it was. it would just self adjust the rear toe and camber for that side, which is why i was side ways more then normal even to a point of going off track many times in a row at the end of my ITA race . and on the trip home i heard a rear wheel bearing (i think both are making noise) start to make lots of noise. even with this track not liking my car i LOVE this track

Back