Oh, But of Course Marshal.

So I'm reading it for the grajillianth time, and I pause to ponder.

"E 408. Course Marshal. The Course Marshal shall be responsible for the final preparation and maintenance of the course."

First I've always wondered when the "Course Marshal" definition was originally created, and with what specific intent.

Also, I wonder why Section 4- Administration, does not equally itemize a Chief of Flagging (Flags), Chief of Safety (Emergency), or Equipment Chief (mgr), but every club utilizes these positions to organize their events in some form or designation.

Sometimes I wonder about trivial idiosyncrasies, and vaguely assuming text we find within regulations, and rule sets.

Sometimes I wonder how many different forms of function the term "Course Marshal" there may be throughout different areas, and race sanctioning bodies.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a common thread, or if it's only meant for a convenient "Misc" drawer that clubs can use to fill in the operational gaps that have no particular administrative description.

Sometimes I wonder if those other necessary positions will ever become recognized as functions within Section 4-Administration.

Sometimes I just have to wonder...

Why do I have so much fun doing these things?

Fire Marshal.jpg

Back