NorthWest Grand Prix: calling all H4/ITA/ITX/ drivers.

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
There were 42 cars in group 2 at PIR, a huge turn out for the Mini Enduro and incredible racing all around. It was sunny, then wet, then muggy, then dry, then wet... then it was over and it rained all the way home (for us driving north).

But Spokane... Spokane is that place in the PacNW where we know we can leave the rain tires at home... and for that I say:

39091828.jpg

The ITA/ITX/H4 battle should be a good one. Perry, Roldan, myself will be there in ITA and we're looking forward to others joining in the battle.

Spokane County Raceway is the best track that's next to a prison and NWMS always treats us like royalty. The last 2 years the event was well promoted and we had a great turn out of spectators. In 2011 it was wild to come through the hairpins and see grand stands full of people. This year we're going to be on TV (or so I hear) so maybe we'll get to watch our races from a POV beside that of our in-car go-pros.

The hotel rooms are going fast in most of the places in Airway Heights (where the track is) but will give you a discount (Because Racecar), however you have to call and ask for it. Of course you can always try the Hotwire approach too.

With 25 green flags to choose from there lots to enjoy. See you out there.

p.s. You don't need to reply to this thread, just show up! :cool:

Confirmed

Saturdays races will be filmed and edited for broadcast on SWX (sports arm of the local fox channel). Last year we had them do the SOVREN event and it turned out great. They will have 6 cameras spread arround the track and in addition to the 1 hour TV program they will produce a DVD of all 6 Championship Races in their entirety. Drop off a memory card from your gopro and there is a good chance it will get edited in.

We also have a few surprises in the works as well that everyone should enjoy.

So leave the rains at home, bring your electrolytes and be part of what we hope is our biggest event ever.

Greg

Hey Greg,

Is the Test N Tune $175 per car or per driver? I think my dad is going to enter the TnT in my car and I was thinking I may want a session to get a feel for the track (and the T1 bump) as well since there's no practice on the schedule.

Thank you.

But Spokane... Spokane is that place in the PacNW where we know we can leave the rain tires at home...

The ITA/ITX/H4 battle should be a good one. Perry, Roldan, myself will be there in ITA and we're looking forward to others joining in the battle.

Spokane County Raceway is the best track that's next to a prison and NWMS always treats us like royalty...

I'm bummed to say that for the first time in several years, I'll not be able to make the trek from Charlotte, NC to my beloved Spokane County Raceway... :(

I'll miss racing with you, Colin - and all the other ITA/ITX folks.

HOWEVER, YORKMotorsport will be well represented as my oldest son, Evan, *is* returning this year!

I know y'all will have a blast in both groups!!

Be safe, and have fun.

Last edited:
Back