IRDC Test-N-Tune April 30, 2010

IRDC will be hosting a Test-N-Tune on April 30, 2010 at Pacific Raceways. The event will consisit of three run groups (open wheel, closed wheel race cars, and street lapping cars). Each run group will get 20 minutes/ hour of track time. The event will start at 9:00 am and conclude at 3:30 pm. The cost is $225 per car/group. Friday entrance will be restricted to T-N-T participants and workers only. Race weekend entrance will begin at 4:00 pm. Everyone must sign a waiver and display a wrist bracelet at all times. Sapce is limited and pre-registration is required, no pay at the track is permitted. Registration forms will be available at the IRDC website and motorsportsreg.com in the near future. Question?, call Dave Bennitt 425-864-1078.

The Test-n-Tune is online now at Motorsportsreg.com. If you see something wierd when you register let Debbie know. This is new to her and she is just learning it.

Now is your chance to test you car before the May 1 race, registration could not be easier. Go to Motorsportsreg.com and sign-up.

Dave, do you have to make a "go no go" decision at some point?

Both myself and Joe Manke want to do the test n tune, however, it is predicated on this weekends conclusion (broken parts etc.). I think probably others have the same question?

Rod

You can sign-up as late as Thursday night when I get the final list. This event is prepaid only. We do have a limit of cars per group. There are three groups, open wheel, closed wheel and street lappers. IRDC needs to get sufficient numbers to keep this event active. 45 cars would be great, we have 12 as of today.

The groups on motorsport reg. for this T&T make no sesnse, but so far we have 4 OW cars signed up, for 1/3 of the total. I believe 2 or 3 more will be coming at this point, but we'll make some calls and shake some branches.

Now the the first race of the year is complete, it is time for you to get some quality track time on your ride. This is a great opportunity to sort out all those little problems before the next race. IRDC needs your support to keep this event active. Currently we have 16 entries but we need at least 30 more to be successful. It is easy to registrar, just use motorsportreg.com. and tell a friend.

Thanks for your support.

Well, I'm SURE they will be open by 7:30 AM cause I'm about to jump in the shower then head out.

As usual, no race engines till 9:00 AM is still in effect this year.

Although the turn out was light, it was a great day at the track. Lots of heap good lappers and some genuine T&T guys.

Got a hot new Stohr car in the club that will be running FL with a Cosworth engine.. it scoots right along.

Also have 2 Vipers out. One with full blown decals racing in AP/SPO. The other still in street livery but it has potential.

The BIG NEWS:
2 as in TWO Can-Am cars ! ! ! ! ! ! Indeed.

A McLaren seeing its first track time in 30 years and the guy says he's signed up to run with ICSCC and with SOVERN. It's a beauty.

A Lola (GIGANTIC V8 with BIG ram pipes) might be a T-310 but I'm not sure. If it is a T-310, 540 cubic inch chevy putting out over 900 HP! BIG sound!!

Neither of them turned those engines loose on the straight but they sure are sweet sounding even just sorta chugging along. The McLaren was 'idling' through 5 to 6 almost as fast as most of the other cars at racing speed! Beautiful both of them.

Amazing story. Novice FM driver did a boo-boo at T5. Hit the dirt embankment drivers left and took the left front corner off the car in the 2nd open wheel session of the day. By NOON it was fixed and back out on the track!

Wes Tipton had a clutch failure on his 2nd lap of the day and retired.. sigh.

Don't know who he is but 70 Silver Miata gets the job done real good! Very fast.

Had quite a few 'day lapper' street cars out with the racers and they did really, really good. No problems at all.

MAN, we were 'light' on workers to say the least! Did the day with S/F, T3, T5 and T9 covered. Ron helped out for about the last 3 sessions at 7. But all-in-all it was worrisome with all those blind spots.

Last edited:
Back