Doernbecher Dash - Sept 18th and 19th at PIR

racergirl0110

We have a lot a great things going on this weekend!!

Kidz Kartz will be the track and kids can drive their own little race car for $5.

As always we will have out Auction!! If you have an item that you would like to donate to the auction, that would be great.

We will have the noon time rides again this year and remember if you are a driver you will not need to attend the driver meetings, but someone from your crew or family will need to be there in your place.

We have a massage therapist coming down. I think her rate will be $1 a minute and all proceeds go to Doernbecher.

We will also have FREE popcorn and cotton candy!!

On Saturday, we will have clowns and face painting.

Dinner will be provided by Pro3 Saturday night!!

If you have any questions, on how to donate or volunteer, please call me or email me!

See you next weekend!!
Tracy Kein
racergirl0110@yahoo.com
360 904 9999

I've had several friends ask me how much the suggested donation is for the hot lap rides. Is this posted somewhere online or at the track? Thanks.

Tony Hauser
Pro-7 #66

If I'm not mistaken, the cost of rides are $10 for your typical Conference racecar and $25 for the exotics.

PRO3 cooking and serving up dinner ought to be well worth the cost of entry to the track in itself! Oh, wait, entry is free, isn't it? Still...

No Sir, the cost was $20.00 and I saw families with 4 kids not give rides because of the "Outrageous" price.

Cars were leaving the pregrid because there were no riders.

When the cost for a ride was a simple donation no mater what the amount the lines to get a ride were full even when they were finished giving rides.

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro A/S Oregon

That was the case last year and you are not alone in your assessment from that experience (I saw the same thing and made a comment to the organizers about it). According to Tracy's Facebook page, the cost of the rides has been reduced to the more reasonable $10/$25 ticket as has been the case in year's past.

But then, I've cited my source, and I am not an official voice in the matter either...just an involved 'lurking' individual!

I believe that I saw the same pricing as Mike O. listed.

ALL RACERS: Please remember that Friday is once again a driver training day and respect the people who are paying to enjoy this track day. Feel free to enter the HPDE for extra practice (and a earlier shot at a paddock space). Cascade.MotorSportReg.com
Please contact Tracy (RacerGirl0110@yahoo.com) if you wish to offer to help during the day (this also will get you access to early paddock selection).

The security guard will have a list of people who should be allowed in--if you are entered in the DT, you're name will be on it--if you have someone else bringing your car in, make sure Tracy has that name also. People driving street cars do not need to be on the list.

Please do NOT try to enter the inner paddock area during the day unless you are doing the DT. Racers entered only for the race weekend should be lining up on the access road on the north side of the track/park, to be let in through the turn 8 gate starting at 5pm.

Thanks for helping to make our driver training run smoothly and enjoyably.
Karen

Karen or Tracy -

Will the entry for the DT and others on "The List" be at start finish then? (entry prior to 5:00, that is)

Hello all,

Thank you for all your concerns about the price for the noon time rides...the cost is $10 for racecar and $25 for exotic.

As for coming into the track.....

If you are helping at the track that day you will come through Start/Finish through out the school day (you have to be on my list). But if you are not volunteering, you will need to enter at turn 8 at 5pm.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me or call me.

Tracy Klein
360 904 9999

Tracy:

A while back a very nice lady asked me if I would be so kind as to donate some of my salsa to be auctioned. I could not imagine anyone paying American money for my salsa but ............................ it is for a wonderful cause. How could I refuse?

Was that you?

I've not forgotten and I was wondering how and when I would have these items available for the auction.

I am planning on making at least two gallons of the stuff for the Dash, some of that salsa will go the auction and the rest will go the turn workers, volunteers and the rest of the racing riff raff; ................... the racing population would whine unmercifully if I don't bring the damned salsa.

I will be arriving at the track Friday and like the rest of us unworthy racers I will not be able to access the track until after 5:00 PM.

When is the auction?

I will put the salsa in glass containers (Mason jars) and will, most likely, make up some sort of humorous and silly label describing the contents.

Please let me know all the details so I can assist in any way I can. I am looking forward to this weekend and hearing from you very soon.

J.C.

Doernbecher race, fund raiser, rides, etc.

Is there some press release that was sent to the community or web site. I have several non racing friends that want to come but wanted more information. I could send them the race announcement, but thats more for us than general public.

Watch the chicane live! http://www.pirlive.com/

Uh oh ... found another way to waste time ...

Can't be at the DD, but can watch it! Tell the workers at the chicane to smile and wave at the camera! :)

http://www.pirlive.com

Back